Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

anyone see the video F150 vs RAM Hemi Tug o War?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:23 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone see the video F150 vs RAM Hemi Tug o War?

Ok, love me because I am a faithful Dodge HEMI driver and owner.

Hate me, because I work for Ford

Mandatory that I had to go to a meeting yesterday where big *** touring bus drove to our city and inside were all the videos playing destroying everyone else.

Now, I don't see why this would be hype...but I just couldn't belive the underpowered F150 (when compared to the RAM Hemi) could outpull the Ram. The Ram's wheels spun like crazy and the 5.4 300HP F150 won the tug o war easily (both trucks were backed up to each other with ropes tied to each one's bumper).

I did see within the videos how cheap the body frames were in the new Chevy Silverado and Nissan Titan and especially the Toyota Tundra. These frames when pressure was applied to one side, would just bend like cheese....cheap constructions. When the Dodge Ram's frame was tested it held strong and very close the F150 which of course, had a bit better rating but not by far.

What I would like to know...because I love selling used Dodge's on our lot.... (hehehe), is if anyone can find validity on that tug of war. With the Ram's wheels just screeching and trying to pull away, the F150's wheels didn't lose any spin and just pulled it like a crying baby.

Keep in mind....I work at Ford because the products just sell well in this area and it pays my bills... but I always like to have better amunition to defend the most awesome truck on the road...the Dodge Ram Hemi

Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 AM
71GTX
Rookie
Default RE: anyone see the video F150 vs RAM Hemi Tug o War?

There is no validity to a vid like that. How do you know what rear end gear was being used in both trucks. If anything it just showed how the Furd couldn't get it's tires to spin. The Hemi probably did spin more if the operator was pushing the gas to the floor. Maybe there was extra weight in the beds etc.etc.. Unless I saw it first hand, no dice here.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Matt400

I believe the Ford gets more torque off the bottom end,the hemo was spinning 345 of horse,, horse power don't been your better if you don't have the torue at the correct rpm to back it up,,You could have a truck with 250 horse and a truck with 500 horse and see the 250 horse truck win. it all depends on ,Yes gearing and where you have that 375ibs of torque(at what rpm).
I am not saying Ford is better just saying just because the f150 is only 300 horse don't mean it couldn't win that tug.
I can't express enough it's torque torque torque.
With that said don't beat me up I am buying a hemi.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:18 PM
via500
Professional

Amoung other things you mentiond the tires were spinning - so what KIND of tires were on each? Were they EXACTLY the same? If not that would do it right there. Both trucks are available with all-season, on/off road and off-road tires. Obviously traction off the line is going to differ depending on style of tire and also between tire manufacturers of the same style of tire. Drop both trucks off a cliff and see what happens - ad agencies haven't been able to defy gravity - yet.
Dumbest ad I saw was a Chevy car ad, car was supposedly going down the highway at 55MPH, they gave you a nice view out the windshield with scenery going by - speedo said 55, trouble was tach was at idle and the oil pressure gauge was 20 or less also obvioulsy at idle (car was just sitting there for the photo shoot and they played with the speedo). I wrote them a letter and asked, based on the dash gauges, had the engine just blown?

Quick Reply: anyone see the video F150 vs RAM Hemi Tug o War?