Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Superchips vs. Hypertech and TC lockup

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superchips vs. Hypertech and TC lockup

Hey All,

I'm a newbie... first post, be gentle. If it matters for the post, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.9L Auto, 4x4. All stock - at least the drivetrain, exhaust, etc.

Let start by saying I've done a search for this... and read through quite a bit of threads. It looks like these are the two biggest products that people put in nearly stock Rams. It looks like either one is a good way to go - and most people buy based on which one they can find cheaper.

But I have some questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with. In one of the threads, I read that the Superchips device will prevent (remove) conditions that create TC lockup. What are the advantages of doing this, and why would you want to? I guess that might be obvious after I know the advantages. [8D]

Also - as far as features for cost, has anyone used the Hypertech "Max Power" device? To me it looks like it has less features than the PP III and costs more???Hmmmm... I think the only difference I can see on the product literature on the website, is the PPIII is not internet updatable like the Max Power, but it does do gear ratios while it looks like Max power will not. The Hypertech website is pretty poor, but it's not the worst. I would give that honor to Glock. [:-]

Superchips... Is there at FlashPaq available for the 2001 or is all you get theMax Micro Tuner?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Cartman

Quick Reply: Superchips vs. Hypertech and TC lockup