Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Don't Buy From Dodgeland PLEASE READ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM
rowicki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Buy From Dodgeland PLEASE READ!!!

OK here's the deal. I'm sure that you are all saying "oh boy some body else got screwed by a dealership" but that is not the case. I have been destroyed by this dealership. It all started the day I bought my wife her new 07 Ram. Great Truck! I love it. But the day I took delivery there was a dent on the door after they detailed it. The detailers opened the door on something and dented the corner of the door. it really wasnt that bad but it was a 40 thousand dollar truck, i didnt pay for a dent too. So we took it in for and oil change, get the door fixed and someother little stuff. we get it back and some how they had messed with the custom audio in the drivers door. and the window wouldnt roll down. i am going to save you all sometime and skip a little after the 3rd time of taking it in to get the dent fixed since they were apparently unable to fix it the other the sent it to a real body shop. understand that twice they tried to tell me it was done when there were still plier marks in the back of the door. In the mean time of all of this they broke my friekin speakers in the drivers door. thsi was not an accident. you cannot accidently break two steel speaker mounts. anyways they have jacked the tint broke the speakers and took 5 TIMES to fix a simple dent that just kept getting worse. this has been going on for 3MONTHS and it is still not done. The most interesting thing i find is that Chrysler will not do anything because it is not considered a warranty. They will not do anything to help us even though thier name is on the back of my truck.

Anyways I just thought you all should know what has been going on so you all can protect yourselves

Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
DURTGURL81
Rookie
Default RE: Don't Buy From Dodgeland PLEASE READ!!!

that sucks!!!! i have never ever had any luck with dodge dealerships. and the sick part of it is.. that my brother in law is a dodge mechanic. and i was taking it to him, and ended up with more problems than i ever thought i could have with a truck.
i took it to him to change out the heater core ( paid 75 dollars for it at autozone) but he charged me 400 dollars for parts, then 90 dollars an hour it took him to take the dash off. needless to say he handed me a bill for a 1000 dollars. and the funny thing is... he used the part that i brought him.
dealerships suck. i dont mind buying a truck from them. but i would rather die than take my truck to one ever again.
i say talk to a lawyer, and see what your rights are. your paying to have your truck messed with. and if your lawyer says you can take them to small claims or something. go for it.
by the way.. dodge hires less than reputable mechanics. and im speaking from personal knowledge.
one client had come in with a leak in her radiator. they put a stop leak in it. but charged her for a new adiator and 4 hours labor.
i feel for you, and stop taking your truck to that dealership.
i have learnd my lesson, and have paid more than i ever wanted too.
good luck, and i hope they un-f**k this problem soon.
shannon

Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt there is anything you can do. . .the only way to have dealt with the issue was to do a walk around before you drove it off the lot. . .I had a similar issue my my moms old taurus. had the A/C compressor changed out and got the car back with a HUGE dent on the pass front fender. granted I didnt see it till that nite. the next day the dealer was saying we had to have hit something. after about 30 min of telling the dealer EXACTLY what was going to happen if they didnt own up they eventualy fixed it.

the best thing to do would be to just hit up a new dealership and put it behind you.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Trashlord
Rookie

put a sign on the truck keep it short and simple and park in front of the dealer........tell them you will stay there everyday til they fix what they screwed up!!! print up flyers stating the facts and hand them to people BEFORE they pull into the dealerships lot
or do what my sweet old mom did and find the owner and get up in his face lol

Old 08-31-2007, 11:19 AM
rowicki

well they wrote us a "we owe" slip for the door but it it is kind of unnerving that the are just complete f***ing retards. it is so stupid. it amazes me that Chrysler will do nothing. i am a chevy guy. i bought the dodge because that is what the wife wanted. i know that GM backs their dealers and helps the customer in times of trouble. Amazing that Chrysler cant or wont do anything to help a $40,000 customer. thats ok next time my 40 grand will go back to GM.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:05 AM
pavement_hater
Veteran

It doesn't amaze me at all. Before you bash Chrysler you have to look at the facts. The complaints are not warranty related therefore they are between you and the dealer. Chrysler is in no way responsible. It does suck that the dealer is treating you this way. If it continues I would see about contacting a lawyer. In fact mention that you are thinking about doing just that to the dealer. It may cause them to fix your problems fast. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Don't Buy From Dodgeland PLEASE READ!!!