Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

lamp out light

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
scubaboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lamp out light

hi
the lamp out light on my 2002 ram 1500 keeps coming on even though there are no bulbs out, any ideas as to why
thanks
scubaboy

Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Cordoba man
Professional
Default RE: lamp out light

I don't know, but if a schematic helps there's a free one in a free shop manual. Check at the top of the 3rd generation page under "nice site, Merry Christmas" and it has a link to a site with FREE shop manuals 03 and up, but the 03should cover the 02. They couldn't have changed that much.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the lightsocket on the back of the taillight. Look for any burn marks on the terminals of the bulb and on the socket. It is a common problem..

Old 09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
highline9
Rookie

Had the same problem on my 02 STD cab. The worst is the chime. I finally got fed up and changed out all the tail bulbs, and have'nt had a problem since. All my bulbs 'looked' good, but ??? Just glad the chime is gone, and the light is off. I read here that the boards (taillight) go 'bad', so look that direction.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you replaced any bulbs lately or collision repair? Most of these lamp monitoring systems work off bulb resistance. If you replace with the wrong bulb you can get a false warning. eg. replacing a 2057 bulb with the more common 1157 bulb can cause problems.

Quick Reply: lamp out light