Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

1998 Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Connect
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Lift Questions

Ok so finding prices on lift kits on the internet can be decieving and obviously doesn't include installation fees. So my questions are, if I wanted to lift a 1998 ram quad cab shortbed 4x4, suspension and body, probably 5-7" suspension 3" body, what would that cost to get installed for me, all welded up and done right. (If I bought the parts online it would be like $1000 for the suspension and body kits) I don't need an exact price, just a range like between $1000 and $1500.

My next question is with that big of a suspension lift, I know I'd have to lengthen one or both of the driveshafts, and not knowing anything about this kind of stuff and google can't solve it, how much would that cost.

And last question, for the rear lift is it worth it to get the lifted leaf springs, or can I go with the stock leafs, blocks, and add-a-leafs. What are the advantages/disadvantages, ride quality, travel etc...

I pretty much have in mind the tire/wheel combos, 15x10 weld something, 35x12.5R15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO

Old 10-31-2004, 01:56 AM
Connect
Default RE: 1998 Lift Questions

Does anyone even have a lifted truck here?

Old 10-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Default RE: 1998 Lift Questions

ORIGINAL: Connect
And last question, for the rear lift is it worth it to get the lifted leaf springs, or can I go with the stock leafs, blocks, and add-a-leafs. What are the advantages/disadvantages, ride quality, travel etc...
For the rear, definately spend the extra money for the lift springs. I don't think you could get an add-a-leaf set-up that could get you 5-7" of lift, and blocks aren't the safest. Most companies will send you a block that needs to be stacked ontop of your factory one, which is very unsafe, and using blocks in general get less safer the higher you go. Either go with the lift springs or look into shackle flip/extended shackle set-up.

Quick Reply: 1998 Lift Questions