Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Buying 08 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:27 PM
nathan_e
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 08 Ram

I am wanting to buy the 08 Ram with the sport package and the Hemi. I am very interested in the MDs on the egine that will cut it from using 8 to 4 cylinders. I haven't heard much about it and was wondering if there were any drawbacks or issues with it. I'm also curious if you can accelerate and slow down while it is on as you can in cruise control. And any reviews of the 08 Ram would be much apprecitated.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Buying 08 Ram

i would reccomend posting this question under the third gen section you will get much more feedback!

Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 AM
thebean
Professional

re: MDS - You can also do a search of what's already there in 3rd Gen.

Here are a couple of hits:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_748665/tm.htm

https://dodgeforum.com/m_400099/tm.htm

Also in the 3rd Gen there's an ongoing discussion on gas mileage. Might want to check out the last few pages of that discussion.

Personally, MDS works well for me, just wish there was a light to tell me when it's active so I can fine-tune my behavior when I'm feeling green.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker

As mentioned above, check the 3rd generation forum. From the majority of what I've read on line, many people are unhappy. To me, that’s to be expected. Any system that cuts power, and limits the modifications that can be done, is generally rejected. On the whole, if I had the cash to buy a new truck and wanted to have the versatility of the 8-cyl with the projected fuel savings of the 4-cly, I’d at least give it a shot and test drive it (if not just jumping on the opportunity ofpurchasing one!).

Quick Reply: Buying 08 Ram