Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

problem with my timing

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
engineblock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with my timing

hello everyone, i hace tried very hard for the past several weeks to time my truck but i am unsuccessful with it, i have called autozone and some other auto parts to tell me the degrees but they told me that they do not have it for my truck, if anyone out there can help me i will sure appreciate it.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: problem with my timing

Hope this helps...
The timing has to bet set using the DRB III diag tool...

DISTRIBUTOR
All 3.9L V-6 and 5.2L/5.9L V-8 engines are equipped with a conventional camshaft driven mechanical distributor containing a shaft driven distributor rotor. The distributor is equipped with the camshaft position (fuel sync) sensor. This sensor provides fuel injection synchronization and cylinder identification
The distributor does not have built in centrifugal or vacuum assisted advance. Base ignition timing and all timing advance is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Because ignition timing is controlled by the PCM, base ignition timing is not adjustable.
The distributor is held to the engine in the conventional method using a holddown clamp and bolt. Although the distributor can be rotated, it will have no effect on ignition timing.

Quick Reply: problem with my timing