Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Heater core issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Rob B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core issue

I have an 03 Ram quad cab 4.7 litre with 90K on it and I believe my heater core just took a dump on me. How bad of a job is it to get to/replace it? Is this a common problem or is there something else (problem hose or control valve) that might be leaking all over my floor?
Thanks for any and all responses.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM
DMSD
Default RE: Heater core issue

You'll need to remove the dash,or at least be able to pull it back far enough on the left side to remove the plenumn,drop the steering column (it doesn't need to be totaly removed, but put a towel over it to prevent scratching it)) and disconnect wires. E&R the a.c., which I highly recomend you replace the evap. also. You should have it done in four, maybe five hours or so.

Bill

Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
tazme695

4 to 5 hours and yes replace the evap core at the same time! if you watch what you take off you can swing the dash (over to the pss side deat the ip harness will unplug you can unbolt the colum bracket and let the steering wheel rest on seat its tight but it saves time) the hvac box should be taken out to an open space and then disasemble it !a electic screw gun is a must!Good Luck!!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

Im guessin you dont have an extended warranty...

Quick Reply: Heater core issue