Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

resetting your comp.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 05:02 AM
dave thibault
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resetting your comp.

alright I just got my air ram intake intoday and am goin to battle the boston weather tom morning and put that thing in. How do I reset the cpu on this hog. Its a 04 ram hemi. I know i had to do it every time i did an up to my old ford is it the same deal?

Old 12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Beastmaker
Rookie
Default RE: resetting your comp.

I always thought you disconnect the battery for a minute or two. I might be wrong though.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:17 PM
GMsucks
Record Breaker

That'd do it fer sure, but if you leave the key in the off position while you are installing the intake, especially when you have the IAT unplugged, there shouldn't be a need for resetting or clearing any codes.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:50 AM
IS_THAT_A_HEMI
Rookie

If you want to reset the computer, disconnet the battery for 15 mintes... gonna have to reprogram your stereo too :-)

Old 01-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Reorg

If the Hemi fuse box is the same as the 04 4.7L, then pop your hood pull fuse #23 (labelled PCM). Put key in ignition and turn all the way to start, but do not let it start. You will hear the three chimes and then a pause and another chime and then a pause and another chime (then nothing). Your computer is reset. Pull the key out of the ignition, put the fuse back in and start her up. Your idle may be squirrely for a minute or two, that is the computer recognizing any mods.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:11 AM
flw

Depending on the capacitors within the computer, you may have to have the cables off the battery for more than a few minutes. I don't know that specific computer, but I do know general and many other specialized computers. The capacitors can hold a charge that can keep all or some of memory intact. Inaddition, some have thier own Nickel Cadmium Battery that is rechargable to hold the settings.

So I'd do some further checking before your upgrade on if your computer has a internal battery or not. Last thing you want is to install your stuff and attempt to reset the computer, just to have it not start, or run rough no matter what trick you try.

I always have a few questions when I have to go to a dealer for my Dodge mechanic. If I'm going to pay top price to the shop for some work, I want some info inaddition to the repair.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
t1load

Pulling the #23 fuce works. It is different on the of, but just pull the one that says ECU. It will not work unless you get into the cab and turn the key. IMPORTANT do not try to start the tuck with the fuse out. Also when you start the truck after this is complete you it may take a second to start.... Hope this helps

Quick Reply: resetting your comp.