Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:21 AM
froghollowfarm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Just three weeks ago we bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and now whenever it dips below 25 degrees or so a TERRIFYING thing happens.

You can just be driving along on the highway and the truck will SUDDENLY start accelerating. The fuel pedal suddenly sticks all the way to the floor and NO AMOUNT of braking will make it stop. It even keeps accelerating! It is the most terrifying thing to be coming up on a stop sign going 75 miles per hour and suddenly realize you are behind a truck "possessed."

We took it back to the small "mom and pop" car sales place and they had their own private mechanic look it over, lubricate the pedal, etc., and they said they couldn't find a thing wrong with it.

But it dipped back into the 20s today and it happened again! I had my small child in the car and the only way I could stop it was to just throw the thing in neutral and cut it off. It could have easily been a fatality situation, so needless to say, we'll be taking it (towing it) to an actual Dodge dealership tomorrow.

To even get it to start normally without the wheels spinning I had to open and shut the trunk. Isn't this whole thing just CRAZY?

My question is: what exactly does it sound like is going on? Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? Any advice as I go about dealing with the seller as well as the dealership tomorrow when I try to get it repaired?

Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated as I've always been a sedan person and this whole truck thing is new to me. It's a pretty terrifying thing...

PLEASE HELP!
froghollowfarm@hotmail.com

Old 12-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Beastmaker
Rookie
Default RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A Trunk again huh? Where is the TRUNK on your TRUCK? Are you speaking about a GLOVEBOX?

Old 12-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Slammed95Ram

sounds like an electrical problem. best bet is to take it to a Dodge Dealer in your area. i would do it ASAP. lol..ur truck sounds haunted.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:51 AM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Have it towed to a Dodge Dealership....with that type of condition, you should NEVER risk your life or anyone elses in it at all....you never know what else can be going on.

Let me ask you this....did you check also with the "mom and pop dealership" for a CARFAX? Perhaps your Dodge could have been in an accident and let me assume here you got a good "DEAL" on it?

Ok, bottom line...have it towed in to Dodge. Because of it being 2003, you should still have most things under warranty