Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Brake creep noise 04 Ram 1500 quad hemi

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
jschimmi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake creep noise 04 Ram 1500 quad hemi

I own a 04 Dodge Ram 1500 quad hemi trk. I changed my factory rotors to drilled and slotted Raybestos and pads to akebano ceramicsabout 3 years ago. About a year or soago thefront end started making a creeping noise, like a door closing which needs oil, when the brakes were applied ator about before the trk stopped. It did't begin to makea noise until a few seconds before stopping. Ihad the trk serviced at the dealer and they claimed it was my bushings for the stabilizer bar. They were changed but still have the noise. I do not trust the dealer to fix the problem. Otherwise the braking is not an issue. Stops fine.
My thoughts are that it may have something to do with the drilled and slotted rotors. Any time you rub two objects together, here being the rotor and pads,a noisefrequency is produced.I think the combo of drilled and slotted creates adifferent noise.

Can anyone give there thoughts as to what is causing the noise.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Brake creep noise 04 Ram 1500 quad hemi