Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Air Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
meurich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intakes

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=1>I have a new 04 Ram quad cab with a 4.7L. I am thinking about changing the air intake with a performance system. My main reason would be for any gas mileage benefits, but I wouldn't mind the extra horsepower too.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=1>What onesare the best? What has anyone tried on this engine and what performance gains has it provided?</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=1>Is it worth changing the intake and not the exhaust or is this a waste of $$?</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=1>Also does removing the stock intake void the warranty?<o></o></FONT></SPAN></P>

</P>

Old 01-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Vader
Champion
Default Air Intakes

Hello, I have the 5.9 and have ordered a 360 Air intake. They make one for your engine also. It should be here this week. The company sent me a Dyno that showed a 7hp gain. The intake was 150.00 with tax. This will not void your warranty. They are worth the money.

Old 01-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Mike I
Default Air Intakes

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=1>K&amp;N is the standard in performance air intake and they make Fuel injection performance kits ( FIPK )for most applications . I just did my truck 2 weeks ago and also put on a Gibson Swept Side exaust. I tow a boat so that was the recommended system. I also purchased a Hypertech programmer. To say the least I can feel a noticable power gain but have not towed with it yet as my boat is "snowed in".</FONT></P>

Old 01-31-2004, 07:05 PM
ditchdoc56
Default Air Intakes

Vader whats the web site for 360?

Old 01-31-2004, 07:46 PM
ditchdoc56
Default Air Intakes

Did you get a 360 kool or power shot

Old 01-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Vader