Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Smoked a Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Randy_W
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smoked a Hemi

The thread that wouldn't die!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2004, 04:32 PM
sxtram37
Rookie

true

Old 08-18-2004, 11:47 AM
TheMightyTITAN!

[sm=sorry.gif]

Old 08-20-2004, 08:23 AM
yawgom
Rookie

a stock 345 and my torque from 400 to a stock 375, and I will still bet money that I beat the Titan. The lightest version of the 4.7 could still hang with the Titan (which I own and have been looking for a Titan). Titan owners shouldn't even think about the SRT Ram, but then again, it beats cars such as the BMW M3, Subaru WRX 2.5 STi, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and most importantly, the Ford Lightning, it even beats the Ford Lightning with 650lbs of weight in the bet, but the SRT is intended for
Hi, vHiEpMeIr

You said you now have 360 hp and 400 of torque, how did you get those (I want those too in my truck, but not by spending lot-a-buck.)

Old 08-20-2004, 08:26 AM
yawgom
Rookie

Good one

Old 08-20-2004, 09:01 AM
yawgom
Rookie

As does my father who strange enough works at warren truck assembly where they build.... you guessed it dodge trucks, rams and dakotas. They are also built in St. Loius and yes in mexico. But mexico builds 12 per hour while I believe St Louis is about 40 per hour and warren builds 65-80 per hour. So I wonder where most of the dodges come from. Also nissan has what one or two plants here, and they are just assy plants, no stamping or powertrain. And ask them where ALL of there suppliers are, you guessed it again JAPAN. No chrysler isn't perfect, they build a few things in mexico that does not make me happy, but you have to pick the lesser of the two evils. Sorry foreign makes don't cut it my book. How would you like it if you knew you were getting put out of work because flag flying Americans were too stupid to relize that if you keep buying foriegn products we lose jobs? Well let me tell you it gets very unnerving. Why do you think they are putting up plants over here? So they can fool us into thinking, well it is made here. But what you are forgetting is that you are not only putting the big 3 worker out of a job, but all the supply chains in between. Nissan just as American as Chrysler? Now that is rich, they have what 5000 or so employees we have 125000 in the states alone. You also seem to forget the Chrysler group is still based out of Auburn Hills Mich. Yes I'm sure some gets back to Germany, but once again its one of those better of two evils.
Youre saying that in Mexico we are producing about 10 or 11 (by your numbers) percent of the Rams, wrong. Deiter Zetsche, informed that in this year the Saltillo (Derramadero) plant produced 170,913 trucks, and that is the 33.4% of the total production, and there are plans to impulse the production in that plant for the year 2006 by investing 1,254 millions.

So for a moment there it would be nice to stop thinking where the things are made, I dont know, if I buy a car, a boat, a dog, a knife, a computer, and any other stuff you can think of, the last factor that I would consider it would be where it came from, and belive me everything get a balance, if american companies are producing in other countries, as well japs and germans are employing american people, beginning with the fact that DC is not a "pure" american company, we are living the globalization, the TLC (Tratado de libre Comercio) is opening even more the borders of Mexico US and Canada, and then we need to open our minds and accept it, we see China the same way that you see Mexico, "they are taking our jobs" and things like that, but if they have those jobs is because in someway they are best suited for them.

Old 08-20-2004, 06:18 PM
yawgom
Rookie

By the wey, Nissan suppliers are not from Japan (mostly), Nissan AND Renault (along with they millionare alliance) made a deal with US suppliers that was in 2001 of 45 % of all the components, and the goal for 2005 was for 80 % and they may be over achieving that goal by now, you should read the news. THE JAPS ARE CREATING 2,000 NEW JOBS FOR MISSISSIPPI!!!

Its logic, or did you think that it would be better to order overnight deliveries from japan??
You think that in a Nissan forum there are some angry Japs because "americans are taking our jobs" nop....

http://www.conway.com/ssinsider/bbdeal/bd011217.htm

And finally, I didnt bought my Hemi Ram because its engine was made in Mexico or some patriotism, just because I like IT and thats all.

Old 08-21-2004, 07:04 PM
red shelby z
Rookie

I keep telling you guys I have a RC/SB ram with a hemi.........I just can't get those poor titan owners to even lunge at any stoplight. They just look the other way, basically they know they will get OWNED![&:][8D]

Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me fuel this fire-my truck really can whoop a HEMI!!!

Quick Reply: Smoked a Hemi