Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 04:26 PM
combatvet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=4>Is there any way to make the foglights stay <U>on</U> while the highbeams are on?</FONT>

Old 02-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Burnt 1
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

it is possible, just finding the wire is the problem, the fog lights are hooked into the low beams, and when you switch to hi beams, the power to the low is cut off causeing the fog lights to go off.</P>

I use to live in VA and worked at an aftermarket truck shop and we had to wire the lights like that due to state laws.. But finding the factory wire to do so is going to be hard...</P>

</P>

good luck</P>

Old 02-03-2004, 03:07 AM
dolce
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

Originally Posted by Burnt 1

it is possible, just finding the wire is the problem, the fog lights are hooked into the low beams, and when you switch to hi beams, the power to the low is cut off causeing the fog lights to go off.</P>

I use to live in VA and worked at an aftermarket truck shop and we had to wire the lights like that due to state laws.. But finding the factory wire to do so is going to be hard...</P>

</P>

good luck</P>
i had an 03 ram with (hid lights) but when i hooked them up the off lamp warning can on is ther any way to bypass that to get rid of this please let me know thanx

Old 02-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Burnt 1
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

i dont know why the hid lights would affect the warning light, but only thing i can thing of is pull the dash apart and pull the light bulb out of the warning socket</P>

Old 02-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 02-04-2004, 06:23 AM
HOP-A-LONG
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

SOMEWHERE IN THIS FOURM SOMEONE PUT A TOGGLE SWITCH FOR THE FOGLIGHTS SO HE HAS CONTROL WEATHER HIGH OR LOW BEAMS ARE ON IT LOOKED VERY SIMPLE AND LOOKED GOOD TOO LOOK AROUND

Old 02-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Ram Off Road
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

Along the lines of what has been said here I need a little help also. I got my fog lamps put in at the dealership after I bought my truck. They put a seperate toggle switch for the fog lamps which is fine by me but, the fog lamps will only come on when the low beams are on. I know you can normally just turn on the fog lamps without having to turn on the headlamps. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.</P>

Old 02-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Burnt 1
Default FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

ok, well, since its not a factory hook u, and u do have a toggle switch, there should have beena relay put in, witch all the wires will run to the relay, and 1 wire should run to one of your head lights, that wire will be the power source for the fog lights to be turned off and on when hi and low is swithed, theres one wire hot when hi lights on, one wire hot when low beams on, and 1 wire should be hot either way,, thats the wire you need, you need a test light and someone to switch the lights hi and low while u test..</P>

</P>

</P>

Old 02-14-2004, 11:09 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: FOGLIGHTS BYPASS

all you need is a aftermarket install kit. You can go to the kmart/walmart/autozone type store and get a cheapie kit. You need to be careful to match the bulb wattage for the size of the wires. Too small of a wire will get hot and act like a heater coil or worse melt the insulation and short to ground. Also in nebraska it is illegal to drive with just fog lights. They are considered "supplemental lighting".

Old 02-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: FOGLIGHTS BYPASS