Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tansmission Question....Need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 PM
impy7467
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tansmission Question....Need help

I am lookin for a new truck and found a 98 Dodge Ram i like. I was told that rams have trouble with the transmisson goin out in them. A friend told me he knew someone with a 96 that has replaced the transmission 4 times. The guy said that the 97 and up were changed to take care of the problem. Is this true? I know you are all dodge lovers so dont dont take this the wrong way im not ******* the ram just want to know before i spend the money. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Snafu
Default RE: Tansmission Question....Need help

It's a crapshoot. Some go 100k+ miles, some die at 30k miles. My '97 puked at 78,000. My buddy's '99 died at 75,000. Guy that runs a tire shop in town has an '04 that burned the tranny up at 18,000 miles, and the dealership gave him a hard time over the warrantee.

Personally, I'd never buy another one with an auto. It's not worth the risk. PM me for all the other problems these trucks have.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
MadmoparYJ
Default RE: Tansmission Question....Need help

In was told there problem had to do with shops putting the wrong tranny fluid and when corrected the trans works fine.........My buddy has a 96 indy truck with 181000 on it and has not changed the fluid and has not a had a single tranny problem.....lol

Rob

Quick Reply: Tansmission Question....Need help