Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Ram Engine Swap Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
joethomas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Engine Swap Help

MY question is to everyone with input; is it worth swapping a 3.7 with a 5 speed for a hemi?

Here is my situation i have a 2004 ram 1500 quad cab 2wd st the motor has 55,000 miles and i build decks and fence. I don't have a trailer but am considering buying one. problem is a 3.7 barley pulls the trailer let alone anything on it. i like the truck because it has the rubber floor and not much electronics inside to brake. Would it be worth having a hemi installed for what I'm looking to do with it. i still owe 9,000 on the truck just finished installing two front wheel bearings upper control arms and ball joints lower ball joints. center u joint and front rotors. the rear rotors need to be replaces along with the e brake pads. it has 2.5 inch leveling kit in the front and overload leafs in the back with a 1.5 inch left in the springs. i want all the input i can get if its worth it. thanks. looking to tow a 10 foot trailer

Quick Reply: Ram Engine Swap Help