Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

87 Ramcharger ignition module - dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 04:04 PM
lreeder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 Ramcharger ignition module - dumb question

I'm new to the Dodge scene and need some help. My son has an 87 Ramcharger that won't start. I have searched everywhere on it and cant find the ignition module or ballast resistor. Please help me. This is driving me crazy. I even disassembled some kind of computer module inside the left fender by the rad support to make sure they weren't in there.

Old 03-13-2005, 04:57 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran
Default RE: 87 Ramcharger ignition module - dumb question

I know this might sound simple or so, but I would look into your Chrysler/Dodge dealer and see who they can recommend to you to come out and take a look. They do that complimentary here in California so I don't know how hospitable they are where you are but I best believe more so where you are

Old 03-15-2005, 05:14 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, they'll come to your house free?

Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 AM
jpfeifer

The ignition module is located in the engine compartment on the firewall just opposite the driver's feet. It has single strange looking and rather large electrical connector going into it. Replacement is literally a plug and play operation.

The ignition resistor is right close by on the firewall. It's the only ceramic thing in the entire engine compartment, and it has two electrical connections plugged into it.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: 87 Ramcharger ignition module - dumb question