Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

4.7v8 low comp

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
engreb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7v8 low comp

We just rebuilt 4.7v8 sohc heads , normal : Clean Heads
Press.Test for Cracks {ok} , ck'd vlv. guides 'ok', Ground Valves & Seats , Surfaced Heads [0.004] , Mech. took heads put on block , now he has [pass.side]head w/low comp. #2 & #8 cyl.s said he did 'dry/wet' comp. test & get aprox. 50-75Lbs & when puts [alittle] in spark plug hole only comes up
{15-20 Lbs} , we did not replace any valves/guides or springs . put heads on the Vacuum tester [both were where they should be] made sure no light shines past valves {ok} , this was all done before gave to mech 1st time ! mech. says he pulled vlv cover & all vlv.s look like moving up/down with no problems said he can't see anything wrong , when go down highway , runs good , but @ idle can feel alittle miss & worst under a LOAD? mech is wondering if could be anything they could ck & change/replace without having to pull head???? says he has ck'd injectors & fire .
PLEASE somebody HELP
THANKs
butch @butch's auto & diesel

Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 PM
engreb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new add-on to low compression

{05/22}
Just talked to our cust.[4.7v8 sohc] dodge , says that they got eng. running & noticed that {believe he told me : 1int. vlv.[slight leak] #2 cyl. & the #8 cyl.
shows that the int. & exh, valves are showing a slight
leak, the way [mech.] is talking , these valves are going up & down valve guide OK but , are not sealing off completely[guess enough to cause a miss?? & he was wondering & hoping[along w/me] that there MAYBE a way to cause these valves to seal???? without having to pull the [1] head back off > the Mech. & i realize that we're asking for a miracle
BUT , hey anything is possible???? isn't it ?
the mech. is waiting to hear from me ,so if anybody has an idea PLEASE get back w/me today[if poss]
thank U for any miracle out there
butch

Quick Reply: 4.7v8 low comp