Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

'99 5.9 Magnum Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 05:39 AM
3rdGenBlackbird
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 5.9 Magnum Swap

I'm looking at a wrecked '99 auto 4x4 ram for parts. I'd like to swap the 360 magnum into my '69 dart, since the 318 in there crapped out. The guy is also selling the transmission and rear.

What are those 5.9's rated at? Are there actual outputs similar? Can the trans/rear hold up to a lot of power/traction? I don't know jack about newer dodge stuff.

Are the pistons hypereutectics? How much power can they handle with a stock bottom end? Do rams come with electric fans? How about aluminum radiators? Sorry, I've got a lot of questions.

I'm mainly interested in the running longblock, and the fuel injection would be nice. (A first for me....) However, if I can swap the trans (and maybe rear) without too much modification, I'd look into those also. Are there any performance intake manifolds for carbs that work with the magnum heads? Speaking of Mag heads, how well do they flow?

Also, what are the differences between a '99 auto trans and my torqueflight? (Besides the overdrive.) Are they bigger? Stronger? Heavier?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions, but I'm sure you guys know all the answers!

Thanks,
Scott

Old 02-10-2004, 05:24 PM
5.9rm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '99 5.9 Magnum Swap

ive got the same engine, and as far as power output, the hp is around 260 at the flywheel.....or maybe its at the wheels....doubtful though. tourque i think is up around 340. as far as what rpm these numbers come in at, im clueless. there was an earlier post that had a complete spec sheet for the 5.9. maybe someone knows where it is and can help you out.

Quick Reply: '99 5.9 Magnum Swap