Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Need help with Throttle problem / truck choking out

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 AM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Throttle problem / truck choking out

My truck has had an exhaust code for a while now, I'll have to revisit my notes to see what it is, but essentially someone just said its probably a small leak and not impacting the truck performance so i haven't spent the dollars to fix it.

Recently the truck while in the lower RPM is kind of jerky with acceleration. Truck now has 55k on it, so I'm probably pass due on changing the spark plugs.

It's kinda like if i let my foot of the gas on the lower mph (like around 10-20) the truck is choking? Also yesterday while driving it just died, probably doing 20-30mph and not gasing it real hard (in traffic). I couldnt hear it choke out,cuz of the radio, but it just died. Restarted fine.

Im thinking replace the spark plugs and see if that does the trick. If not, i'm gonna have take it to someone and get that exhaust piece fixed. What's your thoughts?

Any help is appreciated ...

thx

boyd

Old 06-13-2009, 10:42 AM
boyd98
Veteran

Actually the error codes i have on pertain to my EGR valve....thinking it could cause whats happenning. Gonna replace it..

Still would like your thoughts if you agree

Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 AM
boyd98
Veteran

Originally Posted by boyd98
Actually the error codes i have on pertain to my EGR valve....thinking it could cause whats happenning. Gonna replace it..

Still would like your thoughts if you agree
FYI replaced it with ease and it was only 70$ bones at the dodge dealership/parts

Need to goto autozone and borrow their programmer to see if i can reset the error code

Doesn't seem to be choking like before....woo hoo, another DIY fix for anyone else with the same issue

Quick Reply: Need help with Throttle problem / truck choking out