Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2009 2500 5.7 is it a solid vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Caluw1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 2500 5.7 is it a solid vehicle?

Hi All,

My first visit & post, &...Dodge Truck. I am supposed to close the deal on a 2009 Ram 2500 with the 5.7 gas engine. So far, I haven't found anything to detract from my decision, but this looks like a good place to seek opinions/advice. I tow a 27 ft Baja Boat, but that's about it. 7000 lbs max. Suburban 1500 handled it fine, but thought I would move up in meat. Pro's & Con's to look out for??? Can't really justify cost for diesel for what I'll need it for, that's why I went with the 5.7. Thanks By the way...what the heck is the gas mileage on this truck...can't find it anywhere???

Old 08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
TheDeuce
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, it is a solid truck...

I have the new 09 laramie 1500 and i love it, its a great truck, haven't had any problems and i have 11,000 miles on it. One thing to consider though is the Multi Displacement System (MDS), it can get really anoying not having the full power allways at the tip of your toes and i almost have to floor it to get back into 8 cylinders instead of the cruising 4. It really doesnt help me any on gas mileage, and it is really annoying. Im trying to find a way to turn it off but so far unsuccessfull, even bought a hypertech performance chip and couldnt tell the difference in my trucks performance.Really the MDS is the only turn off of the truck if you are looking for power all the time, but i have no complaints about it, great truck!

Quick Reply: 2009 2500 5.7 is it a solid vehicle?