Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

crack in paint near fender

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:15 AM
cwoods
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crack in paint near fender

Hi, I am looking for some information on how the rear fender is conected on the inside, wether it's welded, tacked..etc. I've had the truck about 8 months now and no problems, wash it frequently so I would have seen it within a few days of it showing up. Anyway.....a crack appeared about and 2" or so above the fender well...about 3/4 the way up from the bottom. Their is no dent's, no one hit me....it just showed up (ex. looks like a rust crack....but it's an 04'). I was wondering if anyone knew how it was connected....so the dealer can't weasel out of a warranty. I went in from the back and slid a postcard in between and I can tell there is something connecting it around that point (I think....unless something is wedged up there)...so thats what I want to know.....is it welded, is it some seam? I'm heading to the dealer this morning sometime....hopefully they side with me...but I have a feeling they are going to try and weasel out of it. Oh....the crack is about an 1" long.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Quick Reply: crack in paint near fender