Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

can anyone help with tyre sizes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
alex-scotland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help with tyre sizes

I have a 2005 dodge ram 5.7 v8 hemi, it has leaf springs on rear & torsion bars on front, i`v just bought 2" leveling keys for front & a 3" body lift kitt, Can any one tell me whats the max size tyres i can use once kitts are fitted?
i have 20" rims at moment, should i change these to 17"

Alex

Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

check out the 3rd gen. ram section...tons of info in there in regards to your question. but, you should be able to clear 35"s with your setup.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:29 PM
alex-scotland

thanks for your help, do you know any good sites for 17" rims? nobody realy to much about wot rims will fitt in scotland,
thanks again
Alex

Old 09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
autotech2

Just a note on torsion bar keys: they are NOT a suspension lift kit. All they do is allow you to over tighten the torsion bars and raise the vehicle ride height past the manufacturer's specifications. Meaning the truck will sit higher in the front, but the ride will be stiffer and possibly uncomfortable.

A true suspension lift will raise the ride height without affecting spring rate.

Also remember that increasing tire height (changing final drive ratio) will decrease your jump off the line, and will require reprogramming of the PCM to keep the control system and the speedometer in sync.

Quick Reply: can anyone help with tyre sizes