Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Chercc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap

Hi
Have a Dodge Ram 1500 manual tranny 2wd truck. The truck has been having problems with the engine light being on. I have tried new coil, new plugs, new wires etc and think I have finally narrowed it down to a valve problem (oh joy!) Anyway. I found a motrt from a 94 Dodge Ram 1500 same 3.9 v6. My question is this. My truck has a manual tranny and this one had an automatic. Is this going to cause a problem with the swap? Will everything still line up? He said he would give me the tranny free also, but I really dont want a truck with an auto transmission.
It would be cheaper to drop the new motor in (which I can do myself) than to have the valve work done (which I cant do myself)
Opinions? Forseeable problems?
Thanks for your input!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Chercc

Ok, someone told me I would have to change the fly wheel. I could really use some help here. I dont want to buy the engine, take the other one out and then find out it wont work

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 PM
servi53

put your flywheel on the new engine and a pilot bushing or bearing, same motor no problem

Quick Reply: Engine Swap