Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

got whooped by a......

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004 | 08:55 PM
uhoh
Rookie
Default RE: got whooped by a......

Interesting. My buddies 4.7's must be extra slow and so must my hemi as well. At the drags and on the street the 4.7's are almost a full second slower than my ford's and my hemi will blow the ford away but only once I get past 60. So far my hemi has beat two other hemi's so they must even be more messed up than mine.

How miles do you have on your hemi and is it stock?

Old 02-27-2004 | 02:25 AM
RamSportRules

well its a known fact that 94 and up dodges out steer chevys so why dont you just take him to the oval
or get A 360......lol

Old 02-27-2004 | 03:43 AM
cloud9ms
Rookie

Did he beat you off the line? I know for a fact that the new 5.3L motors make power consitently in the RPM band, however the torque is not there until well into the upper 3-4K RPMs. Your motor could use some free flowing exhaust, air intake, in conjunction with a performance module. Those mods alone will make a difference.

Take care!

Old 02-27-2004 | 03:48 AM
dodgeram56
|
Rookie

well he just stepped on it and burned his tires i tried not to becuase it wasnt that important to me to burn my tires and i thought i could get a better start so i stepped on it but not enough to burn the tires and then when i had about 10mph i stepped on it and was ahead of him at the start but after he got traction he blew past me

Old 02-27-2004 | 04:22 AM
cloud9ms
Rookie

Hey dont sweat it! Just start a plan, determine a budget and go for the mods man! Trust me, you can make that truck of yours an awesome sleeper!

Old 02-27-2004 | 05:26 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

The 4.7 is a RC/SWB/2X4 and is stock with 18,425 miles. The HEMI is also RC/SWB/2X4 and is lightly modified with 7,250 miles.

Stock the (345HP) HEMI 1500 (RC/SWB/2X4) runs high 14's to low 15's, just like the Silverado SS (345HP), which is much faster than the regular Silverado 6.0 (325HP). I don't know what the old 260HP 5.4 runs but the new 300HP 5.4's are in the low 16's.

Old 02-27-2004 | 05:31 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

Alright, with that said lets just agree to dissagree because I don't like arguing with you guys!

Old 02-27-2004 | 01:10 PM
uhoh
Rookie

OK, this happens often......someone starts talking about a 4x4 crew cab or extra cab in a drag race then someone else comes in talking about 2 wheel drive sport style trucks. I have watched a few at the races but they are not in the same class or league so I don't pay as much attention. I know I would not be stupid enough to try and race my 4x4 against a 2x4 that weighs significantly less. Anyway, I am sure you are right about the 2x's.

I drove my ford last night and rode in my buddies new to him 2002 ford. I must say I still like the ford but I DO like my 2003 Dodge better. I am going to have to run his 02 with my hemi now that it has a few more miles on it. The roads were very wet last night so we had to behave, but the one little teaser we did do seemed to favor the hemi pretty well.

Old 02-27-2004 | 01:26 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

ORIGINAL: mopartodd
If your truck has no mods try this, performance ECU, catback exhaust system, CAI, 180 degree thermostat. One last thing to top it off.
It's PCM... not ECU... you are thinking of those "other" companies.

My two cents on this...

PCM
Cat Back Exhaust
Cold Air Intake
'The Fastman' Throttle Body (shameless plug, I know... the deal is on the main page)
Headers
Performance Spark Plugs
Performance Wires
Performance Cap N Rotor
MSD Ignition System

What rear gear do you have? And him...?

~Amanda

Old 02-27-2004 | 02:19 PM
moparturd
Banned

I stand corrected. PCM it is.

That 318 will run with that chevy with the above mods, provided the engine is still in good shape, and that's the key. If your engine has high mileage on it, that's another story.

At that point, I'd order a new 360 shortblock from Mopar and swap everything over. Have the valve guides checked and replaced (if needed), new valve seals and springs, and check the rockers.

Hey Amanda, what's an NSD ignition?[sm=smiley29.gif]

Quick Reply: got whooped by a......