Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

RAm CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004 | 07:02 PM
moparturd
|
Banned
Default RAm CAI

Anyone tried the Volant CAI on their truck? What did you think?

Old 02-27-2004 | 07:12 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain
Default RE: RAm CAI

Hey Mopar,

I have the Volant Cold Air Induction on my 04 Hemi Ram. I like it, I've noticed performance gains fer sure. One thing though you need to take a look at what MONTH your truck was made if its the '04. I have an '04 but it was ASSEMBLED in 9/03 and in September they changed the design of the breather hose. I actually was working directly with Volant to get this problem fixed. The problem was with the Air Duct, they didn't provide a hole to plug in your breather hose. Its simple to fix, just drill a once inch hole and plug your tube in there, then take some High Grade Silicone and plug that baby up. Now volant may have the '04 kit done and ready, I haven't spoke with them in about a week. They are still going to send me the correct duct... using my design.

I like the design of Volant, I like how it looks in my truck, especially with the carbon fiber lid. The actual Filter is great... I chose this over K&N because I have always used K&N.... I like PolyU over Metal because I'm here in WAshington and we get a lot of rain.