Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

question about 94-99 rams

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:04 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: question about 94-99 rams

Well he does have a valid point... the 46re isn't exactly the most stout tranny Dodge ever made, and I don't know why they didn't make the switch to the heavier duty tranny after, I don't know, perhaps maybe 5 years of trannies dying prematurely.

But that's besides the point here, the truck sounds like a good deal, just get the tranny checked out/serviced if you aren't going to do it yourself, and follow the advice here about how to make it last, and it should be fine.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 94 5.9L... GREAT truck.. and I drive her hard... and I haven't had any tranny issues... the people who had her before me used her as a work truck, yet she's still solid and takes everything I throw at her.

~Amanda

Old 05-27-2005, 03:08 PM
fackman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: horatio102

Well he does have a valid point... the 46re isn't exactly the most stout tranny Dodge ever made, and I don't know why they didn't make the switch to the heavier duty tranny after, I don't know, perhaps maybe 5 years of trannies dying prematurely.

But that's besides the point here, the truck sounds like a good deal, just get the tranny checked out/serviced if you aren't going to do it yourself, and follow the advice here about how to make it last, and it should be fine.
My point was that all 3 have their problems. There's no way to escape quality issues. Even Honda and Toyota have quality issues. However if you drive like you have some sense and know how to take care of your truck, then you'll be fine.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Blown_Tranny

I can't believe how blinded you people are by you "priceless" Dodges (maybe blinded by the tranny exploding?). You call the 46re a minor problem and expected occurance? thats why almots almost every person I have met that has owned a 94-01 Dodge has had a transmission problem. Even my uncles Chrysler PT Crusier had a transmission failure. And I know of a person whose 2001 Dodge mini van tranny and engine went. A minor occurance? haha!

Old 06-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Do you not understand that this is a Dodge Forum and people will support the cars and trucks they love. Please stop with the unneeded flaming, feel free to state your opinion, but do so in a professional manner... flaming us for having faith in our Dodges is not appreciated and can get you removed from the site.

Please consider that. State your opinion, but don't insult those you are talking to. Thanks!

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Blown_Tranny

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19

Do you not understand that this is a Dodge Forum and people will support the cars and trucks they love. Please stop with the unneeded flaming, feel free to state your opinion, but do so in a professional manner... flaming us for having faith in our Dodges is not appreciated and can get you removed from the site.

Please consider that. State your opinion, but don't insult those you are talking to. Thanks!

~Amanda

I do understand, but to me for people to like Dodge is like them having an illness. I am only trying to cure this illness and have them see the truth about dodge and their horrid products. I am only doing this to express my concerns for your well being, and financial structure. I don't understand why you are yelling at me I am only trying to help the Dodge owners out, and am only expressing my opinion. Why should I be kicked off this site for only stating my opinion and exposing the truth and corruptness of dodge products. If you don’t like what I have to say then ignore me. I think you’re just mad because you were pulling out of your driveway this morning and your transmission dropped out.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

I say ban his punk ****.....ban his IP ,not jsut name..... Blowntranny, you need to find a new hobby... you dont bring "enlightnement" just drama.... your a punk, most likly one who now drives a Honda or something..... please go find another forum to be a troll in....

Old 06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

mdoffroad - Your wish is my command.

Thanks for your input Blown_Tranny... I just don't think anyone here cares. ALL brands have issues, I'm not saying Dodge doesn't. My 1994 is solid and I've never had an issue... I've put lots of upgrades into her and she's still solid. Mine truck isn't the one in question here though. This is a DODGE ENTHUSIAST FORUM... we love and support our Dodges. Your opinions WERE welcome, but you are a flamer, so you are gone.

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

wow, ummm while I am at it, I am wishing REALLY hard for a super charger for my 5.9 please please!

Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I'm allows to grant only one wish per day... and if a supercharger appears... I'l be forced to have to test it on my 5.9 to ensure it's safe for you... then taking it off is such a hassle... hehehe!

~Amanda

Quick Reply: question about 94-99 rams