Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Exterior Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Klute
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Care

I am taking my truck to get detailed tomorrow. It was just going to be too much work for me and I did not feel like spending and entire weekend on it. They said they could get the 'spiderwebs' and surface scratches out with no problems. They are even going to do some special work on a couple of major scratches on the tailgate. They can even get the dried wax off of the black plastic parts!

I figured I would let them get into good shape and then I would just wash and wax it from then on.

Does anyone have any tips they can share. (waxes, towels v. Chamois).

Old 03-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: Exterior Care

Things that work for me are shade, cool weather, Race Glaze, and a bucket of patience. I do small sections at a time and take alot of breaks. I turn my buffing towel often and use three or four of them.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:45 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Need tips? There were a few here

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=15084

You may learn a few things

Old 03-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Klute
Professional

Thanks for the link gonzo.

It did provide alot of info!

BTW, the detailer was able to remove the swirls and did a great job on the deep scratches, well worth the $75.

My original plan was to have him to the heavy work and then maintain it myself, but he said that now he has detailed it, I can bring it back he will do it again for $35 each visit. (once per month if I like) So now I may not even bother. Saves me the time and effort, plus I can drop it off and walk about 100 yards to work.

Quick Reply: Exterior Care