Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Filling gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004 | 03:12 PM
Klute
|
Professional
Default Filling gas tank

I have not read the owner's manual yet, but I had what I would consider a weird thing happen last night.

The little yellow gas pump began to show up on the dash last night. The needle was on on 'E', but I decided to fill it up anyway. Now, according to the dealer's service dept printout (lists all options), the truck is supposed to have a 26 gallon tank with an extra 7 gallon capacity.

Well, when I filled up, it only took 19 gallons. Even if I had the 26 gal tank, there was 7 gallons left, why did the light come on?

Or is it based upon the number of miles instead of gallons?

Old 03-02-2004 | 05:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Filling gas tank

mine also does this, the manual says it comes on with about 1/8 of a tank left. The bottom of the tank could easily hold 6/7 gallons to be 1/8 full (width & length will hold a lot of gas in a small depth).

Old 03-02-2004 | 06:48 PM
5SPDSLT
Rookie
Default RE: Filling gas tank

Mine will come and go on and off for the first 10 miles or so due to turning corners and hills. When it comes on solidly it is at 20 used (about 1/8 tank). I use it as a quick calculator of fuel mileage. Yours sounds about right.

Eric

Quick Reply: Filling gas tank