Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

need exhaust advice no cat and dont know what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 05:07 PM
IanTheNewbie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need exhaust advice no cat and dont know what to do

I own a 95 dodge ram pickup that the previous owner has removed the cat and fitted a pair mufflers with no connection between them. This means the check engine light comes on whenever the engine warms up. I would like to fit an exhaust system that includes the o2 sensor on my truck, 95's have one on the cat 96 and laters have two in the down pipes.

I have been quoted 430 to put in a stock exhaust system including cat and mufflers/pipework.

Any ideas on what I could put in instead of the standard system. I am not looking to spend a whole lot.

thanks

Old 03-10-2004, 01:29 AM
71GTX
Rookie
Default RE: need exhaust advice no cat and dont know what to do

I would go to a muffler shop, HELP them look through their books and find a generic 2 in 2 out cat for a larger truck, 2500 or up, doesn't have to be a dodge. Should cost around 150. Then couple it up with a good muffler and a couple turn downs. Should run about 300. total. With new 02 sensors it might be more.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:45 AM
bearcat74
Professional
Default RE: need exhaust advice no cat and dont know what to do

Found that the O2 Sensor you need will be cheapest at your local Checker-Kragen-Shrucks for around 40 a piece. Otherwise I would find a 95 manual and find out the needs for sensors are. There is probably only one and the manual or the dealer in your area could help you find out the area and location of the sensor. He was right you should get out of this for around three hundred. Good luck and let us know how you are progressing.

Kevin

Quick Reply: need exhaust advice no cat and dont know what to do