Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Anyone turned up torsion bars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 12:49 AM
EthanM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone turned up torsion bars?

Has anyone turned up your torsion bars on a 2002 Ram or newer? I'm just curious about how much you can turn them up and how it has affected your ride.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:10 PM
preb0014
Default RE: Anyone turned up torsion bars?

I turned the torsion bars up nearly to the max at first. The truck rode really hard , very stiff. I backed the bolts off so that I am at about 3/4 of the way tight and it now rides great and looks mean.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:16 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I talked to about 5 of the local 4X4 shops and the service depts of 3 dearlers around here and they all aggreed that anything over 1 1/2" may be putting the ball joints at too much of an angle and wear them out early. Which really stinks since the front end is 2" lower than the rear. Sure be nice that they would offer a "leveling" package for the 2002 1500's. Dang IFS system haha

Old 03-11-2004, 05:38 PM
cloud9ms
Rookie

Hello

Cranking the torsion bars too much on any truck is cause for premature wear of components. There will be a good leveling kit available very shortly, as well as heavy duty front end components. I will post it as soon as it is available!

Take care,

Eddie

Old 03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
beis

I am having this horrible clunk on the front end and just replaced the front right ball joint....(please see my post-"broken *****"), I am very interested in anything you can tell me on this topic as my mechanic says "it's a dodge thing"( he drives a chevy), anyways, it's still making the same nose especially on bumpy gravel roads( sound is now on driver side), my mechanic now says it is the "sway bar link" that needs to be replaced( both sides), not sure if he is crazy or if I am crazy for listening to him, but please shed any light that you may have, thanks,
beis

Old 03-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Randy_W
Professional

ORIGINAL: beis

I am having this horrible clunk on the front end and just replaced the front right ball joint....(please see my post-"broken *****"), I am very interested in anything you can tell me on this topic as my mechanic says "it's a dodge thing"( he drives a chevy), anyways, it's still making the same nose especially on bumpy gravel roads( sound is now on driver side), my mechanic now says it is the "sway bar link" that needs to be replaced( both sides), not sure if he is crazy or if I am crazy for listening to him, but please shed any light that you may have, thanks,
beis

Check the torsion bar mounts, they will do that when they are worn!

Quick Reply: Anyone turned up torsion bars?