Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

installing leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:47 PM
nemar1234
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing leveling kit

How hard is it to install a leveling kit?

Old 07-06-2005, 04:08 PM
tommiwan
Professional
Default RE: installing leveling kit

I'm sure it depends on which one you are talking about. I hear that the Truxx kit isn't bad if you know some mechanical stuff. Or you could crank the torsion bars, which is supposedly really easy. Don't forget you will probably need longer shocks.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Phatboy
Professional
Default RE: installing leveling kit

The leveling kit for 94-01 1500 Ram 4x4s is a pretty simple install. For the price, I would recommend going with the Rancho 3" sport suspension lift kit. it only lifts the rear about an inch and a half, and lifts the front the full 3" with a spacer similar to the leveling kits. I believe I paid less than 300.00 for the kit when I purchased mine.

I can give you a quick rundown on the install lif you'd like. I use to have the torque specs memorized to but I have since forgotten those.

Check out the site in my sig and you can see a couple of my Rams I lifted. The only one I dont have a pic for is my 2001, 3" Rancho Susplift, 35" Yokohama Geolander MTs, just like on the green 99.

Quick Reply: installing leveling kit