Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

power programer help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Rambeast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power programer help

just got my hypertech programer for my 97 ram sport and was wondering what are the bennifits of raising the rev limiter and or or lowering it ...

Old 03-15-2004, 06:30 PM
stupidface
Professional
Default RE: power programer help

i had a power programmer in my silverado 4.3ltr and if u change the octane from 80s into the 90s,it would heat the engine a whole lot quicker, and the shift progrm that was on it smoothed out the bumpi or hard shifts later to find out it just lowerd the transmision vacuume pressure,which was needed to shift at certain intervals but its nothing two transmissions cant go through and about 4k $$ in just trans. i later sold it to a guy on ebay and he enjoyed it for the first six months then one day i got a fone call from the guy asking if the hypertech prog ruins the trans cause he read it in a chevy forums and he was having trans probs to, but then again its prolly just my programmer, my buddys have them on there trucks and they work like magic what did i do wrong sorry for the long wastful story

Old 03-15-2004, 07:41 PM
04GTX
Rookie
Default RE: power programer help

i just talked to a buddy and if you have any kinds of warranties on your truck and you raise the rev. limiter then that will automatically throw a red flag and will definately disqualify you from getting any kind of warranty work done!!!! don't know if you have any warranties or not but just letting you know!!

Quick Reply: power programer help