Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Mods cancelled by computer????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:53 PM
04GTX
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods cancelled by computer????

I can't find where i read it at but someone said that any mods you do, for instance cold air induction, will be cancelled by the computer and it will set the temperature of the air coming in back to what it originally was??? is this correct cause it would be useless for me to buy cold air when it won't do anything, thanks in advance!!

Old 03-16-2004, 03:04 AM
stupidface
Professional
Default RE: Mods cancelled by computer????

then in the winter the computer will still tell the motor its get'n hot air from the summer right,
i have heard the same on the newer chevys cause they had a mass air sensor in the filter box, then another sensor right befor the throttle which cancelled out the reprogramed m.a.s, as for programmers it completly reslates the perameters that are stated in the programmers manaul such as octane type, gear ratio, tiresize,and timing and spark.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:55 AM
04GTX
Rookie
Default RE: Mods cancelled by computer????

so.................... i get from that, that what i heard or read was not right???? i was just asking before i go spend money on something!! but thanks

Quick Reply: Mods cancelled by computer????