Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New SRT Ram on the Way?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:10 PM
brusk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to see a new RAM SRT variant. I say forget the V10 stick with the 6.4 Hemi with MDS and all the nice technology. Make it closer to a normal truck with just enough styling cues to make it look better, skip all the body cladding that was ridiculously expensive to make it a cost effective setup. Manual is a must option but automatic is also a must, it's a truck and will be used as a truck so having an automatic to pull things is a must and if you've ever tried to pull your ski boat out of the water with a sport truck and manual it can be an ugly seen when the tires slip. In the end it doesn't need to be exotic just really a really nice well rounded sport truck.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:49 AM
guitarvenue
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by brusk
I would love to see a new RAM SRT variant. I say forget the V10 stick with the 6.4 Hemi with MDS and all the nice technology. Make it closer to a normal truck with just enough styling cues to make it look better, skip all the body cladding that was ridiculously expensive to make it a cost effective setup. Manual is a must option but automatic is also a must, it's a truck and will be used as a truck so having an automatic to pull things is a must and if you've ever tried to pull your ski boat out of the water with a sport truck and manual it can be an ugly seen when the tires slip. In the end it doesn't need to be exotic just really a really nice well rounded sport truck.
exactly.......

Old 09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
fmdog44

Yes to another round of SRT's with the Viper. A hi-performance tranny is a must. i still have my 04 hemi with modifications and probably will not sell for a long time. PLEASE DO THIS SOON!!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by bruno426
use the 6 speed out of the cummins
No

Originally Posted by M15
I would love to see an all wheel drive 6.4 SRT 8 Ram like the Jeep. That thing would launch pretty nice!
YES!!

The G-56 is nowhere near a performance transmission; it doesn't shift fast enough for a true performance application and would be an aweful choice in an SRT pickup

Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 AM
guitarvenue

Originally Posted by M15
I would love to see an all wheel drive 6.4 SRT 8 Ram like the Jeep. That thing would launch pretty nice!
yes AWD!

Old 10-23-2011, 05:26 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I know I'm a few months late on this, and I'm all for a new Dodge performance truck. However, I think one of the main attractions of the previous SRT-10 was that IT HAD A FRIGGIN VIPER V-10 ENGINE IN IT. I know just that fact, alone, sold many of those trucks to buyers who weren't interested in all the hard numbers and data. They were just happy to point and say, "My truck's got a Viper engine under the hood!". I don't know if a truck with anything less than a V-10 would produce the same novel effect as when the Ram SRT-10 was introduced. I know that the performance would equal or exceed that of the Viper plant in pretty much every category, but it still doesn't have that "mine is bigger than yours" effect as a V-10 badge carries.

If re-introduced with the big Hemi in it, I'd like to see the truck be visibly different than the old model. I like the idea of a real no-frills truck. Maybe some badging, a nice hood, and some meat on the model-exclusive wheels. I don't think it really needs all the body parts the previous one had.

Just my useless opinion.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:56 PM
red2011bighorn
Rookie

well if they do make and str ram for the 4th gen and do put the 6.4 in it, they could use the 6 speed out of the challenger and didnt the viper have a 6speed manual in it either or. just a thought.

Last edited by red2011bighorn; 12-11-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Rated R
Amateur

I had an '06 RC SRT-10. The tranny in it sucked, 2-3rd did a few money shifts and towing anything was not recommended. Payload capacity was 600 lbs. Too limited of a market for another truck that can't really be used as a truck.

If they produce another with a 392 in it make the truck so it can be used to tow and haul a load larger than 600 lbs.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
g5todd

I would trade my challenger in for one, manual I would like it AWD too

Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 PM
1997_dodge1500

they need to do it like they used to do with the old Dakota R/T. nothing spectacular to the body, with a tad stiffer sway bars, the 6.4 and the challenger srt 6speed. and nice interior, but not too much that makes the truck too much heavier. and maybe just a tad lower stance, or at least level the suspension in the rear. that would be an intense looking truck!

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android