Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

BEEFY TIRE QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 09:03 PM
ASSJACK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEEFY TIRE QUESTION

I have the Stock Dodge 17's and i wanna get some beefy tires. I went to discounttiresdirect (the acctual store) and the dude there said that 305/70/17's were too wide for the 8" wide stock rims i have. meanwhile im seeing all over that some dudes even have 315/70/17s. This discount tire guy said that it will scre up the beads and the tire will wear unevenly and it will be al bad. does he know what he is talkin about?? I WANT BEEF TIRES!!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:17 PM
ASSJACK
Default RE: BEEFY TIRE QUESTION

answered my own question. I looked at the goodyear website for wrangler mt/r's and they say the aproved widths are 8" to 9.5" for the tires. so i think it will be ok... anyone have anything to say? chec out the Goodyear MT/R Specs

Old 08-26-2005, 09:16 PM
brooksmckenzie

I work with a guy that just put 305 goodyear MTR's on his ford with 17 x 8 inch rims, they fit fine

P.S. I have a 03 Ram 4x4 off road and my rims are 17x 9, and I just put 315/70/17 on it and they fit with the torsion bars turned

Old 08-30-2005, 01:25 AM
RamRough

they will fit fine but youll notice two things. one the stock backspacing and added width wil cause a little rubing on full turn locks most likely. second, a 12.50 wide tire will wear more in the center cause the wheel does pull the sides in a little. to compensate, drop a little pressure from the tires. oyu could try the old chalk line trick across the tire. make a revolution or two whe its on the vehicle and see where the chalk rubs off. if it rubs the center, let more air out and vice versa for the opposite. you may find though that youll need a little more air than ideal for on road handiling.

Quick Reply: BEEFY TIRE QUESTION