Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Top 5 Reasons the Ram is Better than the Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:49 PM
lespr50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my last Dodge Ram. They are junk. Company doesn't stand behind there products. Shame on me for changing my Tundra to this 2009 pain in the........???.. Yes Toyota stay behind their products. 2009 Ram still going thru recalls. An the first one haven't Bennett able to fix right.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:13 AM
cmikolajczyk
Professional

Toyota makes great vehicles, they have great service, and their vehicles are quite reliable. But it's still not a real work truck. It's a pretty boy truck. It can't work like a dodge can, but it's a nice comfortable light duty pick-up, and that's all it will be. Toyota doesn't make trucks, they make cars that look like a truck.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

I'm sure I've posted this before, however as for my opinion with Toyota's, both experiences, equals PITA.

Both purchased new, first was almost declared a lemon, horrible service (multiple issues), can elaborate if needed. Second one fried it's own ECM, twice, within 10k, purchased new. That was it for me.

Okay, Dodge isn't prefect, I had to replace a front shock at 14k miles under warrant on my '09 Ram, nothing since. Hopefully my '13 hold up as nice. My '05 Ram had 90k at trade-in, and only had a defective ERG valve under warranty at 21k. I've been much happier leaving Toyota, again, everyones opinion will "vary".

Old 02-15-2014, 10:50 PM

Check the internet and forums for all the electrical issues with the new Rams. Mines back to the dealership for the 4th time. Rams have a poor track history with their transmissions and now electrical issues.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:54 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Rams haven't had any poor history with their transmissions since they got rid of the 42RE/46RE/47RE/48RE and its relatives back in the early 2000s. Not any poorer than the others at least. And electrical issues? Sorry to say it sounds like you got a bad apple, but the Ram brand is just as reliable as any other half ton truck, if not better. No more issues, electrical or otherwise, than any of the rest, and some will argue it has less.

Unless the Tundra updates their drivetrain (especially tranny) sometime soon, they are going to be left in the dust. Saw a few tests recently, showing Ram 1500 with 8-speed vs Tundra with their 6-speed, and the Ram pulled the same weight with less effort. This was despite the Ram's 3.92 gears vs the Tundra's 4.10 gears. With GM and Ford teaming up to develop eight and/or nine speed transmissions now, and Nissan getting ready to unveil a new Titan, Toyota better hurry up.

Last edited by jasonw; 02-16-2014 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes corrected.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:22 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toyota has no interest in building volumes of trucks to compete with dodge, ford, or Gm.

Toyota makes more profit on one tundra than a Detroit manufacturer makes on three trucks.

Now, Toyota missed a opportunity to improve ride and mileage on the 2014 Tundra and for the initial cost to pay for a yoda, is not with in young sky walkers budget.

As for quality, nothing wrong with Toyota, and the people who buy a Tundra are jaded owners of domestic brands.

Averaged out, Toyota has less history of recalls than Chrysler( hidding behind TSB) Ford truck fires and GM melt downs. .

If $$ were large and plentiful, Tundra for me.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Reasons the Ram is Better than the Tundra