Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Fuel Mileage ? & answer thought (Hemi)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 01:15 PM
uhoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Mileage ? & answer thought (Hemi)

It seems there is a very wide variance in fuel mileage experience with the hemi trucks. I think it would be helpful to know what model of truck you have and what speeds you travel in the given terrain. The reason I am concerned with this subject is due to a person not being able to identify if their vehicle is normal or BROKE.

For instance I see reported mileages like this:
City: 9-15
Hwy: 12-20

Now even though I am a rocket scientist and have a 160 IQ I assume I am not the only one noticing this HUGE disparity.

So my thought is simply this: include things like, 2 or 4 wheel drive, cab and bed configuration, 1500-2500 etc, axle ratio, transmission, stock or mod'd, speed limits or speed traveled.

For example: I have an 2003 4x4 quad cab short box, hemi, 5spd auto, 3.92 limited slip, 275-70-17's. Freeway speed limit is 75 out of town and 65 in the metro area, ha ha metro area in Idaho, ha ha.

Normal
City: 9-10
Hwy: 13-14

Best so far
City: 11.5-12.2
Hwy: 15-16

Old 03-18-2004, 03:36 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel Mileage ? & answer thought (Hemi)

There's alot of factors that effect the mileage that we could throw in there, the biggest being the human driving habit factor. How would you measure that? One persons "I drive hard" is different from mine I'm sure. Environmental conditions vary also and will impact mileage to a large degree. Tough to do.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:13 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Very true on the terrain. I have the new-fangled on board computer that allows me to see the real time gas milage. 4.7L with K&N filter in stock box and soft tonneau cover. Full out, floored to the wall 3mpg on level ground. 1500 rpm at 60mph 17-19mpg. Unfortanetly my work is about 10 miles from my apt and i swear its uphill both ways(hah) Uphill 7 mph down hill 15. Coasting downhill seen it as high as 39. Too bad the world is flatter than round haah.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:40 AM
akhemi

Actually mopartodd, the biggest factor that effect mileage is human lying habits.. [sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: Fuel Mileage ? & answer thought (Hemi)