Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Shifting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:28 PM
CaliHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting Problems

Alright. I purchased my 04 QC 4x4 hemi in the last part of December. I've noticed about 2 weeks after I got the truck that the shifter sticks on occassion. When I go to pull it towards me and down it locks up. I have to push it forward again and pull it back down for it to unstick. It doesn't do it all the time but it is annoying. MY actual concern is that recently, 2 times the last 2 weeks, when I hop into the truck, turn it on, put it into reverse and step on the gas a little the engine revs up like it's in neutral. ????????. I check it again and the dash light is on the R. I have to put it back into park and then shift it to reverse for it to work. Is anyone else having this problem? Do any of you notice the hard shifting when going from park to reverse and drive? It makes a clunking sound. Should I be concerned?

Old 03-20-2004, 01:25 AM
BigDave
Professional
Default RE: Shifting Problems

I can't answer much of your question, but I heard someone else mention this clunking sound. I check for that this morning, and yes I heard it too, but I noticed the truck lurch when this happened. So I repeated the process with my foot on the brake a little firmer, and there was no clunk. Let up a little bit on the brake a bit and tried it again: clunk. Try it, I was suprised the solution was so simple. If you are still clunking after this test, then I wasn't any help at all. [:@]

Old 03-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: Shifting Problems

I have noticed this to on my Truck. It seems to happen if I do not depress the brake all the way when I go to shift. I think it may have something to do with the brake unlocking the shift mechanism. It is a pain sometimes.

Quick Reply: Shifting Problems