Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Looking for dropin bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004 | 11:34 PM
mikebol
|
Veteran
Default Looking for dropin bedliner

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a good dropin bedliner for my 04 Ram Quad cab with the short bed. I'm going to be putting a hard tonneau cover on the truck, so, I am looking for something under rail, that will bolt under my existing factory tie downs.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Mike

Old 03-20-2004 | 01:58 AM
RcBandit28
Captain
Default RE: Looking for dropin bedliner

If you going for a drop in. Check out your dealers parts dept., they might be a little more expensive than say a Penda liner or something like that, but they do bolt around your factory tie downs, plus I think they look the best because they mold better to the bed. Plus, if your truck has the HEMI, you can get a bedliner here on the part of the bedliner that goes against the very back vertical part of the bed....You can get it to say HEMI instead of just Dodge, which I'm planning on getting for my truck. If you plan to do the install yourself, you will have to remove the factory tie-downs, install reloaction brackets, drop in the liner, then they come with a plastic piece that does between the tiedowns and the brackets, then just re-install the tiedowns. I've installed a bunch of them at work (Dodge Dealer) they goes pretty simple.

Old 03-20-2004 | 03:10 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran

rhino liner!!!!!

Old 03-20-2004 | 12:37 PM
Gadv

If you plan on keeping the truck for more than a few years I strongly recommend a Rhino or spray in liner. When I pulled the plastic liner out of my 01', the bed had wear marks down to the primer and bare metal.

Old 03-20-2004 | 12:40 PM
Vader
Champion

I am not a big fan of the drop in liner. I fear that they can warp and allow condensation will form underneath. I had a Rhino liner thrown in to complete the deal. Since you getting a hard cover maybe you can go for a bed rug.

Old 03-20-2004 | 12:47 PM
Tempsho
Professional

Im am going to get a spray in bedliner from Line-X.

Quick Reply: Looking for dropin bedliner