Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Auto Trans Temperature gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005 | 10:21 PM
Palm
|
Professional
Default Auto Trans Temperature gauge

I would like to install a temperature gauge on my automatic transmission and would appreciate comments from anyone that might have done this. Please include your suggestions for the brand of gauge you used and where it can be obtained, preferably online.

I am also considering adding an additional tranny oil cooler and would appreciate comments on this like the above.

Old 08-12-2005 | 02:30 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Auto Trans Temperature gauge

I installed an AutoMeter 2-1/16" electronic trans temp gage (p/n 4357). Used the SRT-10 A-Pillar pod. Sending unit was installed in the return line from the transmission to the cooler, by utilizing an AutoMeter manifold for 3/8" tubing (p/n 2286).

Take a look at http://www.summitracing.com Add ATM- in front of each number in the search box to look up the parts.

You can also take a look at http://198.104.149.53/CoastalData/sh...D=1656&CATID=1 for a gage that will match the factory gages.

Can't address the addition of another cooler. If you have the factory tow package, there is a cooler installed. Perhaps upgrading would be an option.

[IMG]local://upfiles/317/073F08DF26A940B2B53EDAD645E10884.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/317/F5A697ACE5EE4775994F9FD46202EF4C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-12-2005 | 03:30 AM
Palm
|
Professional
Default RE: Auto Trans Temperature gauge

mazz

Thanks so very much for the good information and links, looks like that was what I was looking for.

Yes, my truck does have the tranny cooler that comes with the towing package, but I want to add an additional cooler in series with it as I do a great deal of towing a TT. I think I have decided to use a B&M Super Cooler for that part of the upgrade.

Again, thanks for the quick reply and all of the info.

Quick Reply: Auto Trans Temperature gauge