Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New Hemi - 1998 Mighty Dodge - RAM Charger - Come On and give your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 02:07 AM
jrwpmw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hemi - 1998 Mighty Dodge - RAM Charger - Come On and give your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold (may I be forgiven) my 1998 Mighty Dodge. She was very sweet, one of a kind. But I purchased a 05 RAM 1500 QC 4x4 with a Hemi.

A few talking points!
1) Gas here in MO, just went up to $2.55 a gallon, was $2.12 yesterday - WTF?????? One thing that I have noticed is that the new Mighty Hemi Dodge - she loves her fuel.

2) I paid $26,000 for this truck. It has the Sport and Big Horn package. The sticker was $36,000. I know prices vary, but that seems like a good deal to me - what do you think?

3) The old Mighty Dodge had a 318 (damn good motor - had one in my RAM Charger). But truth be told, didn't have the HP or Rear End to tow what I tow. That's the only reason that I let her go. So what's the bottom line on the HEMI and the Gen 3 RAMS? With the GEN 1's, Trannys were a problem (pumps failing). No recall, but it happened to me and others that I know. Other than that, the GEN 1s were damn good trucks. So fill me in on the GEM 3 Hemi - likes & dislikes (fuel economy aside)

4) Why not bring back the RAM Charger. That was a sweet SUV!!! Yeah, the back end was kind of ugly, and the roof vent was kind of funky, but a very unique and good old vehicle. I was going to get a Durango, but I was worried about the guts (suspension, etc) for towing. Why doesn't Dodge have a really Full Size SUV like the old RAM Charger.

I think those questions should generate some good ole Mopar conversations.

----If you can't Dodge It - RAM It ----

Old 08-12-2005, 08:31 PM
ross944
Veteran
Default RE: New Hemi - 1998 Mighty Dodge - RAM Charger - Come On and give your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it'll be quite some time before Dodge jumps into the SUV war, if they ever do at all. But I think the SUV craze of the late 90's and early 00's has passed, gas is just becoming too much of a factor to be comin out with vehicles like that.(with the exception to the new monstrosity megacab) Which really wont be much different though in mileage to the other heavy duties now that they have MDS. Cant wait to pick up one of those, then pull off the front end of mine now and cover up the hideous face they've given the '06 models.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker
Default RE: New Hemi - 1998 Mighty Dodge - RAM Charger - Come On and give your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Mexico they have a newer version of the ramcharger. Its the second gen body style, and they are only made in mexico.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:56 AM
thunderz
Rookie
Default RE: New Hemi - 1998 Mighty Dodge - RAM Charger - Come On and give your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can pics of a 2nd gen 4x4 ramcharger be found?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful there ross,
the Megacabs don't have MDS.

Quick Reply: New Hemi - 1998 Mighty Dodge - RAM Charger - Come On and give your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!