Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Mod'ing 96-97 ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Connect
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod'ing 96-97 ram

Hey, I just want to say first off I'm a die hard Dodge fan for life, first dodge was a 97 2500 cummins. My dream truck would be a 03-04 1500 shortbed reg cab with a HEMI (I saw someone with it while I was browsing the forum, lucky you )
But that is a little to expensive for me, so my plan is to purchase a well maintained 96-97 1500 extended cab with a 5.9 L engine. That is a great truck in itself but I want more from the engine. I've done my internet browsing and came up with a list of mod's I'd love to put on it. Definatley a flowmaster exhaust, chip/tune the computer and a k&n air intake. Tons of other mod's to the exterior/interior but why go into that. I'm here to talk about the engine. I want to supercharge it eventually if I get the money. Is all these mod's too much for a stock engine? The main question here is can I put a flowmaster exhaust system, chip/tune the computer, and put a supercharger on it without blowing up the truck.

Old 03-23-2004, 02:50 PM
dodgefreak
All Star
Default RE: Mod'ing 96-97 ram

Congrats on the Truck and to answer your questions...yes yes and yes! LOL

There are a lot of 5.9s running around out there with S/C on a stock block and bottom end. Depending on boost all you would need to worry about are the head gaskets.

Headers and exhaust will help alot too but shouldnt be required!

Old 03-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Connect
Default RE: Mod'ing 96-97 ram

I dont know alot about superchargers but the system I'd probably get is a vortech. http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/.../appguide.html

The website says Boost (PSIG) 7-8, is that too much for the stock, because I can just purchase some aftermarket head gaskets for not to much $.

Thanks,
Mike

Quick Reply: Mod'ing 96-97 ram