Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

20" Wheel Rough Ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 02:56 AM
jugeit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" Wheel Rough Ride

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=black size=3>I have a 2003 four door Ram 1500 with factory 20" wheels and 55 series tires, and stock suspension.The bounce from the wheel and tire combinationis bad, even to the point of the truck vibrating to an angle on bumps that are close together. Can anyone suggest any changes from the factory tire/wheel/suspension setup? I am considering going to 17" wheels and 75 series tires to get more cushion, but dont really want to because of the cost,plus I like the looks of the 20" wheels.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>Tks,</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>jugeit</FONT></P>

Old 10-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you taken it back to the dealer? If it's still fairly new, there might be TSB's on it and it might be a quick fix... I'd also hate for you to lose th 20 inch Rims... LOL! </P>

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-21-2003, 02:12 PM
andybuzz2u
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3> Same thing with my 03 hemi 1500 quad.....only thing i've done that half worked was replacing the shocks with Gabriel max control mono tube shocks $50 a piece from jcwand they seem to have helped a lot. Before as im sure with yours my truck would hit certain bumps and try to change lanes! The suspension on the 1500 is way to harsh for the weight and the 2500 is way to soft they need to switch them out! </FONT>

Quick Reply: 20" Wheel Rough Ride