Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HELP!! with Ram Hemi 2004

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 08:35 AM
gorilla
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! with Ram Hemi 2004

Hello, I just purchased a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Larmie. Believe me, this is a lot of truck. Just getting use to it. I came out of a 2001 Ford Xlt F-150.

I have questions about the Hemi. There appears to be a noise which sounds like a chirp or like fan belt noise. The dealer's service department kissed me off to tell me that there may be a fix coming out but they are not sure. Has anyone else experience this noise. It is very agravatiing seeming that the truck cost an arm and leg and three toes. Once I took it off of the lot it was too late to change my mind. It would be nice to hear from other members that may have heard or know of this noise. It appears to happen after the truck is warmed up. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:50 PM
cdover73
Rookie
Default RE: HELP!! with Ram Hemi 2004

What state are you in? I know in Louisiana we have 76 hours to take a vehicle back if we don't like it - no questions asked, then the lemon law takes over, but is a nightmare in itself. I think the 76 hour rule applies nationwide, but not sure. If it does and you're not satisfied, take it back, if it's not too late. There's nothing worse than being stuck with a vehicle that you're not satisfied with.

Also, a lot of people stop at what the dealer tells them. DON'T DO THIS, RESEARCH FIRST!!! I had a problem with a crankshaft position sensor on a 94 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4. I had around 45000 miles on the truck and the dealer said it was not covered under warranty and would cost me about $300 to fix. I called Dodge Customer Courtesy Service, not sure how I got the number, and they said it was covered under a nationwide emissions warranty the government makes them adhere to. The whole story is long, but I told them how I had been treated at the dealer, and five minutes after hanging up, I got a phone call to bring the truck in and pick up the loaner vehicle to use while it was being repaired. They met me with coffee and donuts and the service manager said the technician that told me that may be getting fired. Anyway, the point is, don't give up. Believe it or not, someone out there is on your side and can help resolve these problems.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
cdover73
Rookie
Default RE: HELP!! with Ram Hemi 2004

Oh by the way, the noise may be the A/C compressor cycling on and off. Check to see if the noise is there with the a/c off. If it is still there, see the above post!

Quick Reply: HELP!! with Ram Hemi 2004