Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HELP - New Transmission Oil Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 03:23 PM
jrwpmw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - New Transmission Oil Leak?

I just had a Dodge Rebuilt transmission installed. I noticed that I now have an oil leak, it looks to be dripping right where the engine and transmission meet. I never had any leaks before? Could this be a rear main seal? Was that replaced during the transmission rebuild? I noticed this when parked on a hill mostly.

Is there anything done during the install of a new transmission that could cause this oil leak? I'm taking it back to the dealer, but I want to be better educated about this first!

Thanks as always!

Old 04-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Nightrider1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP - New Transmission Oil Leak?

Depends on what the oil looks like,, if it is black, it's engine oil. NO unless it was atleast seeping they shouldn't have touched the rear main seal in the R&R of the trans. If it is red, then they screwed up the seal on the front of the trans when they installed the touque converter, depending on how much you are losing, it could also be leftovers from the rebuild, although I highly doubt it.. If they prefilled the tourque converter they could have spilled some in the bell housing when they put the converter in place.. Taking it back immediately is the best thing to do..

Quick Reply: HELP - New Transmission Oil Leak?