Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Help me with Duraflex hood Please !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 05:49 PM
01Ram1500(sport)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with Duraflex hood Please !!

I own a 2001 Dodge ram sport and I crunched the hood so I figured I would replace it with a nicer hood and I've always liked the look of the SRT Hood. I did some research online and found a Duraflex Hood which was supposed to be this great mixture of materials that was strong and flexible and great. I immediately thought of the weight difference and how that would affect the hood operation given the OEM springs need for a metal hood that weighed 2 to 3 times more. I contacted the retailer they told me no problem I contacted the manufacturer they told me no problem and I started to wonder what's going on because something didn't add up. Anyhow so I order the hood figuring I could buy some lighter weight springs, well I look near and far and was unable to find them.
I'm just hoping to find somebody on here that's had the same experience and a fix. Right now I'm possibly going to have to remove the springs from the hinges and use a prop rod which I don't want to or fabricate some hydraulic lifts. I also thought of weighting down/reinforcing the hood was some angle iron. If anybody has a simpler solution or a link where I can buy from springs that are made for this please let me know it would help me a lot.

Update: I removed the springs from the hinges and mounted the hood it lasted two days and all the vibration and air getting under the hood pulled the fastener out of the hood so now I'm getting a new hood and I'm back
To square one
This time I'm going to use hood pins on the front and I found some that I like their flush mount and they clip in when you close the hood ...I think they're made by a company name Aero-something.
Once again any input would really help me
Thanks in advance,

Thank you for your time,
Scott M.

Last edited by 01Ram1500(sport); 09-02-2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Help me with Duraflex hood Please !!