Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tell me about your exhaust system, what do you find best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Palm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about your exhaust system, what do you find best?

I plan on installing a performance exhaust system on my Ram. I would like something with good performance, mellow sound, not loud, especially at cruising speeds.

Tell me about your system, what you have, what changes in performance that you have experienced, MPG increase, power-torque increase, etc., etc.

Has anyone tryed the Gibson single, 3", exhaust? Your opinion on cat-back or X-pipe system. Which mufflers would you recommend for the mellow, not loud sound?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Ray

Old 04-07-2004, 06:37 PM
gotsnow?
Default RE: Tell me about your exhaust system, what do you find best?

good question! This will be my next investment.

TTT

Old 04-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Vader
Champion

The Gibson SweptsSide has a subtle sound at lowend and agressive sound at wide open throttle. When traveling at highway speeds, You would not know I had the upgrade.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:14 PM
dodgefreak
All Star

I have a Flowmaster 40 series 3 inch in with dual 2.5 inch out. I noticed a decent performance gain once second hit...but that was it. Sence then I have added a custom Y pipe and headers and now the added power was verry noticable!!

As for sound....mine is rather loud!!

Old 04-08-2004, 02:10 PM
MAYOR

I have a 03 QC 4x4 with a 4.7. Just had a magnaflow system installed last week. It's a single in / dual out to the stock location behind the passenger rear tire. Sound is very aggressive under acceleration, but at cruising speeds is very comparable to stock decibel levels. I was considering the Flowmaster 40 or 50 series but when it came down to it the Magnaflow offers a lifetime warranty on their mufflers and Flowmaster did not. Price between the two is about the same. As for performance gains, I do notice an increase in power. With the stock exhaust it would down-shift going up hills at highway speeds. Now it will pull up those same hills with out down-shifting. Can't really comment if it has increased my MPG as the temperatures are finally starting to get warmer and I am attributing my better MPG to that.

Quick Reply: Tell me about your exhaust system, what do you find best?