Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2005 Dodge RAM 1500 not starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
ausmith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge RAM 1500 not starting

This past weekend I backed my truck out of the garage so I could have some room to work on a project. 4 hours later I went to start the truck and it wouldn't start. All of the lights on the dash came on, the radio came on, the heater blower came on and the head lights worked. The engine would not turn over.

I replaced the battery and replaced the starter relay and it still wouldn't turn over the engine. Then I got under the truck and hit the starter with a hammer thinking that it was stuck. Still nothing. While I was under the truck I had bumped a yellow wire that is connected to the starter and I thought I heard a spark. I moved it a couple more times and kept hearing a sparking noise. I had my wife come out and turn the key while I messed with the wire. After a few minutes the truck finally started and it has been starting for the past couple days. I believe that I need to replace the wire but cannot find a part number for it. I followed the wire up to where it connects to a device next to the battery.

Anyone know what that part is and have a part number?

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge RAM 1500 not starting