Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Future RAM owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:48 PM
12johnny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future RAM owner

Hi to all!!! First post in this great forum!!!!

I live in Spain (Europe) and in some days I'm gonna move to the States to work there for some years and I plan to purchase a new RAM 2 door 3.7 6 cil. short bed, and I have some doubts:

1.- I have seen some inventorys of new RAMS and I haven`t found any with the optional curtain airbags. I think that they can very helpful in the event of a collision... is it normal to order the new RAM with them? they are not expensive...

2.- I have seen in the interior photos that there is an armrest really BIG!!! If I choose the cloth interior, instead of the vinil, will it come in the cheap model too? I think that it has some divisions, coin holder, etc... is it handy?

3.- Would you recommend me to order the four-wheel ABS instead of the rear-wheel-only?

4.- If I purchase the base model, it is not possible to order the remote entry... :-( Do you think that is available aftermarket? perhaps if I ordered an aftermarket alarm it would be possible to open/close the doors with a remote?

Last question:

5.- I'm 6,06 feet tall and my wife is 5,06 feet tall (we both love the RAM)... Do you think that it will fit both of us? It lacks a telescopic feature in the steering wheel, so perhaps it would be a good idea to order the power adjustable pedals, but it only comes with the more expensive-8 cylinder model... Would it be neccesary to pay the difference to feel more comfortable or would it be enough with the normal pedals?

THANKS for your patience reading this new post and please, advice me...

THANKS AGAIN. Joe

Old 04-12-2004, 09:39 PM
HEMI X
Professional
Default RE: Future RAM owner

Welcome!

Old 04-13-2004, 02:05 AM
meurich
Default RE: Future RAM owner

The arm rest is large, has a coin holder and is very handy. The interior in the quad cab is very spacious and I assume the regular cab would have plenty of room for you and your wife. I drove all winter on snow and ice and never needed the 4 wheel anti-lock brakes, I was worried about it too.

Good luck, enjoy your new RAM!

Quick Reply: Future RAM owner